Thursday, June 23, 2011

Still seeding, but we're gettin there

Still seeding here, but we're not too far from the end now. All the wheat has been planted, I should finish the barley in the next coupla days, leaving only the peas still to plant. So by this time next week I'm hopin it'll be all done and dusted.   I've been pondering lately the importance of what I'm putting in the ground. Ya see, the seeds that I plant are the seeds that will grow - sounds pretty basic really doesn't it? I don't want to be planting wheat, for example, that has been contaminated with other seeds, such as peas or even weed seeds.  I didn't mention in earlier posts that before we plant any seed we get the local seed grader to come around and clean all our seed to ensure its quality and purity for planting.  I find my life is a bit like that too... just like the seeds that I'm putting in the ground I need to make sure what I'm putting into my life is high quality and pure. If the seeds I sow into my life come from bad influences say on the internet or tv, bad music, even less than desirable friends, I will only reap greed, jealousy, anger, violence etc. But when I sow good positive things into my life I reap love, joy, peace, patience, kindness etc.  So just like the crops I'm planting in my paddock, in life I will only reap what I sow.

No comments:

Post a Comment