Monday, May 18, 2009

Seeding Update

Got started today by replacing 2 broken springs on the tynes of the air seeder bar. I had a couple of spare ones laying around so it wasn't too much of a hassle to replace the broken ones... that is until I found I had 3 broken springs, but only 2 spares. While Dad was at the main farm filling the boomspray he had a look and found 3 more spares stored with the spare complete tynes. So a bit later on when he brought them over I got the chance to change another 1.

I finished 3 paddocks today, all at Bobs. Number 5 - about 12ha, 7 - about 18ha, and 6 - about 15ha. And I got started on number 14. Still planting Correll wheat.

All relatively uneventful although I have noticed that my new seeding boots I made may have a weak point. All the paddocks I've done so far have been quite stony in places and the closing plates must hit down on the rock when the tynes are recoiling. The mounting bracket have broken in the same place on 3 or 4 of them now. Which isn't a really good average seeing as I only put about 15 of them on, and they've only lasted 3 or 4 days. Hopefully they'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment