Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seeding Update

Another day on the tractor today, although it was a short day due to other commitments in town.

I had meetings from 10am ish but before that I had time to duck over to Bob's to reload the seed & super truck ready for when I got back to the tractor and air seeder.

It turns out that it was 3:30 in the afternoon before that happened so it ended up being a bit of a rush to get the paddock finished I was in before dark so I could bring the unit back home along the road. (It's illegal to drive oversize vehicles on public roads after sunset in South Australia).

I did manage to get the paddock done in time, so that was Granny's Nth West at Honiton done, from there I moved back up to the block across the road from our home place. The block is called Wendelbournes and I started on the west paddock. It's 26ha and I almost got it all done before I ran out of seed (there's that small seed & super unit problem again). Turns out that I have about 1.5ha to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment